Schedule for the 1st term full-time students with links
Unfortunately, on February 24, the life of Ukrainians has changed forever. Due to the terrible events in our country, we were forced to temporarily suspend activity in social networks, but all this time the Department of Foreign Language Teaching Methods and Practice worked thoroughly, lecturers conducted classes and lectures, practices held remotely and fully, maintained contact with students. We would like to provide a report on the work done for the second period of 2022:
– successfully completed assistant practice for the 1st course full-time Master students;
– department’s methodical seminars were held:
• «The Development of Creativity and Creative Thinking of Students in the Process of Foreign Language Teaching" - Associate Professor Vira Shastalo
• "Peculiarities of the Intelligence-maps Usage within the Process of Foreign Language Teaching" - Senior Lecturer Maryna Konyeva,
• "Advantages and Lists of the Distance Learning Process during the Pandemic" - Senior Lecturer Ihor Rubtsov
• "Online Test Pad as a Mean of Multifunctional Automatic Testing" - Senior Lecturer Alina Prudnikova;
– state certification exams were held for the 4th year full-time students, the 5th year part-time students and the 1st year of the full-time Master students;
- the work of creating, certifying and introducing distance courses into the educational process is ongoing:
• distance course for the first-year part-time students "Vocabulary booster" for the development and improvement of language competence of the aspect of oral practice (Senior Lecturer Ihor Rubtsov);
• distance course for the second year full-time students "Analytical reading - II" (Senior Lecturer Maryna Konyeva);
• distance course for the first-year full-time students "English - II" (Associate Professor Anastasiia Ptushka, Associate Professor Lyudmila Baybekova, Senior Lecturer Oksana Belyaeva, Senior Lecturer Armenui Galstyan).
– the department carried out active work in the following directions:
- Head of the department Associate Professor Ptyshka A.S. attended open classes of the department lecturers, consulted them on topical issues of the professional development, monitoring of the educational process was carried out, corrective measures were taken.
- Associate professors of the department acted as opponents and reviewers at dissertation defenses, gave feedback on abstracts, reviewed articles in scientific journals in Ukraine and abroad.
- the Department of Foreign Language Teaching Methods and Practice informed students and parents of various schools, lyceums, gymnasiums about the open days of the Karazin University; conversations were held with students and parents regarding the study opportunities at the Karazin University at the School of Foreign Languages.
– an English language Olympiads were held among students of the 2nd year of the full-time department;
- group tutors (Associate Professor Anastasiia. Ptushka, Senior Lecturer Valeriia Vlasova, Associate Professor Olena Yazlovitska, Senior Lecturer Svitlana Guzhva, Senior Lecturer Alina Prudnikova ) held tutors’ hours in accordance with the approved subject of curatorial hours for part-time students.
- the department introduced new forms of communication with students and graduates, as an example, you can cite Zoom conversations on the following topics: Holocaust; Our Smaller Brothers are smaller; Art Culture; Kharkiv Heritage; Beauty and Health; Political Correctness; Architectural Monuments of Kharkiv; History of Kharkiv University; Founders and Management of the Uniiversity; Modern Art; Museums of the Kharkiv Region; Parks of the Kharkiv Region; Modern Technologies.
- the signing of a new agreement on cooperation with foreign higher education institutions with further cooperation in joint scientific and methodical projects is being prepared, namely participation in Peer Development of Language Training Tools, which will take place within the framework of the DAAD initiative:"Ukraine digital: Ensuring academic success in times of crisis", this agreement will be signed with a university in Germany - Osnabrück University's Center for Digital Teaching, Campus Management and Higher Education Didactics
In the following years, it is planned to continue and expand work in all the indicated directions.